Sunday, December 11, 2011

Eildon Endurance

On the road again Saturday for 300k from Shepparton. The ride crosses over the Strathbogies on its way to and from Eildon. On the outward leg the route passes through Merton and on the way back through Gobur. It was a humid day and we got soaked several times. At one stage wheel spin on steepest sections of the climb before Merton on the slick road gave me something to think about. For much of the day Tim Taylor who was doing the 400 version and I swapped places. I was pleased with my form and pleased that I took 5 minutes of my total time for the ride which I had previously ridden in 2009. This included sitting out a massive deluge for 10 to 15 minutes in Euroa on the way back. Arrived back in Shep for Pizza at 6:40pm. Thanks to Garry Wall for organising the ride. Thanks to wife Carol and daughter Kelly for travelling to Shep and to other rides recently with me.

A drenched Tim Taylor at Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment