Thursday, September 6, 2012

Spring has arrived!


Spring has arrived! It’s been great to get out and spend more mid-week time on the road. Winter from a cycling viewpoint for me means many hours on the indoor trainer, spinning away whilst watching LeTour and other European cycle races. This is interspersed with Audax calendar or permanent rides on the weekend. My rate of accumulating Audax kilometres lessened but my goal of 10,000 Audax kilometres in the season is almost achieved. At 9650km I can move my sights to the Great Southern Randonnee 1200k ride (volunteer’s version) which I plan to undertake towards the end of October. 
On the weekend I did the reconnaissance for one of my Wimmera rides. They are coming up on the weekend of September 15th and 16th.
Day 1 ride skirts the west side of the Grampians and passes through some lovely countryside on the way to Balmoral before a return to Horsham. The 300k adds an out and back to Dimboola.
Heading to Balmoral
 
Day 2 heads to Wartook to begin a climb over the Grampians to Hall’s Gap with a lunch stop at Stawell. The second half has a long haul to Murtoa and a final leg to Horsham.
Climbing from Wartook
Hope to see a few of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment