Saturday, December 12, 2009

Highs and lows of the week

Well it didn't start out as  a great week at work. Last Tuesday I was taking a minibus load of new starters within the organisation on a tour of our operations at my workplace. Whilst travelling innocently along the Princes Highway our bus was struck by an out of control vehicle.The oncoming car was spinning as it's rear hit the bus front and centre. It was travelling quite quickly whereas the bus had just negotiated a roundabout and was doing no more than 30kph. I was in the aisle seat of the bus behind the driver and upon impact was thrown forward hitting my head on the dash. I sustained only minor glass cuts to the forehead and a decent knock to my lower leg. Other passengers had minor knocks and most of them were quite shaken as was the bus driver. The driver of the car faired far worse and was in a poor condition when taken to hospital.

The week improved considerably on Thursday as my new car was delivered. Its the same vehicle type as the old one, Ford Territory TS, but this one is a different colour. Among other things it has plenty of space to fit my bike inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment