Wednesday, August 18, 2010

King Parrot Creek and to Yea again

Peter Martin again organised the King Parrot Creek Rides again this year. I took on the 200k ride with a little trepidation as I had managed to have a serious fall at work about 10 days earlier. Fortunately I didn't break anything but it has left me with significant soreness and a deep contusion of the right quadricep. The day was very cool and for much of the ride it was raining lightly.

I had travelled several of the roads on this ride on the Northern Hills ride a fortnight before. There are some challenging hills on this ride including Junction Hill and climbs up to Kinglake West. There was a lot of water on the roads to dodge along with tiny brachletts from bushfire affected trees. Much of the ride is in sheltered areas but in the more open areas partictularly between Flowerdale and Strath Creek the wind was a battle.

I certainly didn't set any PB's and still don't seem to have my normal zip. Maybe I worked a bit too hard early but I think the wet and cold conditions dampened enthusiasm as well. About a dozen riders did each of the 100 and 200k rides and they were really well supported by Peter and his team.

No photos, I took the camera but it was too wet and cold to take out.

No comments:

Post a Comment