Monday, May 16, 2011

Flat 400

Martin and Libby Haynes put on this ride which began in Marong near Bendigo headed to St Arnaud, Charlton, Boort, Kerang, Cohuna, Pyramid Hill, Mitiamo and back to Marong.
Well I thought Flat 400 meant it wasn't hilly. To tell you the truth it wasn't at all hilly but at about 350k into the ride I felt flat. Flat as a tack. Tired and cold. Probably the result of a lot of hard riding over the past month or so and not enough food intake during this ride. After 3 or 4 years of solid Audax riding I feel I am finally getting better on the hydration side of things but every so often, particularly when I ride outside the comfort zone a bit I find I have trouble taking in enough food. On this ride it was probably exacerbated a bit by the longish distances between fuelling stops and my poor planning. One day I'll get it all right. Thanks to Mick Creati, David Eales and Phil Giddings for great company for most of the the ride, sorry I had to drop off towards the end. Thanks to Martin and Libby for organising it and braving the cold at Mitiamo to feed the riders. The ride also attracted a bit of spectator interest from attendees at a local wedding in Mitiamo and also the local lady priest!


Coming into Boort (181k)

No comments:

Post a Comment