Friday, June 3, 2011

A balmy day in Bendigo

Peter Searle organised some great weather this time of year for Balmy Bendigo. After a drive of a few hours I was greeted wuth a cool but not too cold start to the ride.

Peter briefing riders at start

I have done this ride a few times before and thoroughly enjoy it each time I do it. The main features of this ride are the climbs of Mt Alexander and Mt Tarrengower. For a bloke who doesn't like hills that much and who struggles with an ordinary power to weight ratio when the road inclines I do somehow enjoy certain climbs. These two are in that category.  They feature in the early and mid part of the rides so getting to them relatively fresh is a big help. The ride started at 8am and I finished at 5pm which wasn't too bad as the second half of the ride was into a solid headwind for much of the way. Thanks  to Peter for organising the ride and the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment