Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Inch to Winch


Back from South Australia and I need to keep the kilometres ticking over if I am going to go close to achieving 10,000 Audax k's in the next 12 months. The  permanent in SA was a good start but time waits for no man so after a week totalling around 400k all in the hills I thought I best get some more credit and do another Audax permanent. A flattish 100k from Teesdale to beyond Winchelsea and return was in order on a humid Tuesday afternoon. This ride, Inch to Winch, is one of my new permanents now available. Two intermediate controls for refreshment were essential as was the conservative pace in fairly trying conditions. The legs appreciated the flat course and the cruisey approach to the ride that took a little over 4 hours to complete. That's 300 of the 10,000 out of the way and the next ride is the 600k, Cafe au Lait S'il vous Plait,  out of Wangaratta this weekend.



First stop Winchelsea Milk Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment