Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Midweek 100

After the weekend's 600 I thought it would be good to do a midweek 100k permanent and bring up the first 1000 audax kilometres fot the club year. Wednesday 16th was forecast to be a nice day with light winds. The course was again my "Inch to Winch" permanent. Only about 450m of climbing suited as I need to recover from some solid riding in this past fortnight. I chose to start early and got away by 7:10am and managed to make it around by 10:52. A bonus not to be off all day riding and  it gave the opportinity to do more work around home which can get neglected with a lot of riding.

Wurdiboluc Reservoir - 50k

Looking south from Atkins Road towards the Otways

So 16 days in  and 1000 audax k's is a good start to the 10,000k in a season quest. Mind you it is not a rate of progress that I can sustain and I need to be conscious to recover adequately between big rides. If I'm around 2000 by the New Year that will be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment